The following chart projects the latest music chart rankings based upon Pop songs streaming plays per Michael Douglas, MD, MBA. Note: This chart is valid for week ending 3/18/2017.
As expected, the dance remix of the 1985 Rick Springfield hit "Celebrate Youth" continues its assault at the top of the survey for a third week, showing no signs of faltering streaming play -- especially on Spotify, where streaming data continues to rise apace, as it shows the third highest gain of the week behind titles by Barry White and the red-hot Bruno Mars. Speaking of the former, the 1979 LP track (also included on his first greatest hits album), "How Did You Know It Was Me?" moves into the top ten of the survey, buoyed by increases in streaming at Apple Music. The track posts its best streaming gains since debuting 6 weeks ago at #25. Bruno Mars posts the week's second highest gains from the previous week with his current Billboard Top Five smash, "That's What I Like". Expect it to land in the lower reaches of the Top Ten next week, as the highest third of the survey is becoming extremely tight. Should be interesting to see where many songs land next week outside of the top three titles.
The Jones Girls' stellar "2 Win U Back" (1983) picks up early steam at Spotify, where it was a featured track in Dr. Douglas's Songs favorites for weeks. It's post-disco vibe keeps its allure alive and streaming hot. Although Post Malone (feat. Quavo) have a apparently peaked on the Billboard Hot 100, their "Congratulations" track glides a cool 5 notches to #19 in its second week. Spotify numbers are growing as well, as the track sees a 33 percent gain in streams form the previous week.
The unfortunate death of former teen heartthrob Tommy Page (the artist behind the #1 1990 track "I'll Be Your Everything") spurs Hot Shot Debut honors for "When I Dream Of You", a track which failed to make the Top 40 when originally released. Early streams at Apple Music are promising. The track leads a field of 2 debuts this week, with the other newcomer at survey's bottom, number 30. The late R&B crooner Billy Paul ("Me And Mrs. Jones", #1 from 1972) hits with "Bring The Family Back", his paean to the social disarray on the homefront from 1979. Streaming numbers are good, but not stellar, mostly from Spotify. But the track shows potential as per its inclusion on Dr. Douglas's Artist favorites list in the streaming service.
Tracks dropping out this week: "After All" (Al Jarreau); "Veteran Of The Psychic Wars" (Blue Oyster Cult)
Weekly Top 30 Pop Songs
|MLD - Personal Weekly Top 30 Pop Songs Chart|
|1||1||1||5|| **No.1 [3 weeks at No.1]**
Celebrate Youth (Dance Remix)
|2||2||2||7||Love On The Brain (Gigamesh Remix) ●||Rihanna||2||5|
|3||3||3||8||Paris ●||The Chainsmokers||2||6|
|4||5||6||10||Only You||Neil Diamond||4||-|
|5||9||11||5||You Can't Get What You Want||Joe Jackson||5||15|
|6||6||7||8||Same Ol' Mistakes||Rihanna||6||-|
|7||7||8||4||Chained To The Rhythm ●||Katy Perry||7||4|
|8||4||4||10||Love Power||Jeffrey Osborne & Dionne Warwick||1||12|
|9||12||14||6|| **STREAMING GAINER**
How Did You Know It Was Me? (LP Extended Version)
|10||10||10||6||On The Street Where You Live ●||Vic Damone||10||8|
|11||13||16||7||I'm Leaving You Again||New Edition||11||-|
|12||15||22||4|| **STREAMING GAINER**
That's What I Like ●
|14||17||27||3||Love Too Good||Jefferson Starship||14||-|
|15||14||12||10||Theme From Midnight Express||Giorgio Moroder||2||-|
|16||16||13||10||Shape Of You ■||Ed Sheeran||1||1|
|17||22||-||2||2 Win U Back||The Jones Girls||17||-|
|18||11||9||10||Run To You ●||Bryan Adams||9||6|
|19||24||-||2||Congratulations (feat. Quavo)||Post Malone||19||33|
|20||25||29||3||Every Step Of The Way||John Waite||20||25|
|21||18||17||10||I Sold My Bed, But Not My Stereo||Capital Cities||6||-|
|22||NEW||1|| **HOT SHOT DEBUT**
When I Dream Of You
|23||27||-||2||More Than Just The Two Of Us||Sneaker||23||34|
|24||29||-||2||Seven Wonders (Demo)||Fleetwood Mac||24||19|
|25||21||25||3||That's My Word||Next||21||-|
|26||19||20||4||Push It On Me (feat. Trey Songz)||Kevin Hart||19||-|
|27||28||-||2||Slide (feat. Frank Ocean + Migos)||Calvin Harris||27||34|
|28||30||-||2||With You (12" Remix)||Ingram||28||-|
|29||23||19||9||Give It Up, Turn It Loose||En Vogue||12||15|
|30||NEW||1||Bring The Family Back||Billy Paul||30||-|
- TW denotes chart position of the song this week.
- LW denotes chart position of the song one week ago.
- 2WK denotes chart position of the song two weeks ago.
- TOT denotes the total number of weeks of the song on the chart.
- PK denotes the peak position (to date) of the song on this chart.
- BB denotes the peak position (to date) of the song on Billboard magazine's Hot 100 chart, if charted in that publication.
- "Streaming Gainer" designation implies song(s) with the greatest quantitative increase in streaming data in the current chart week.
- "Hot Shot Debut" designation indicates the highest charting new track in the current chart week.
- Yellow shading indicates bulleted songs (tracks with overall net gains from previous charting week, regardless of chart movement). Debuting tracks are always bulleted.
- Re-entering tracks are always bulleted and are designated by RE.
- "-" Designation is reserved for tracks that have/had not yet charted at the corresponding position within the specified column.
- "●" Designates a Billboard Hot 100 top ten song.
- "■" Designates a Billboard Hot 100 #1 song.